“3D Drug Shooter”
About this Project:
We discussed different issues we had going on around the world, so we decided to tackle drug abuse, one of the most common issues occurring around us. Most people might not know that this could be happening around them because drug addiction doesn't always have physical signs, it's more of a mental problem. We decided to make a game which is taking place in a drug addict's mind for you to get a better perspective of it. The goal is to try to navigate yourself throughout their mind and try to avoid the drugs flying by and you have the ability to push them away with these little hand lasers.
HOW TO PLAY THE GAME:
Go to the website link below and scroll down to the "Our Project" section and click the GREEN FLAG to load the embedded game and play.
Share this project:
Feedback from the Judges:
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your thought process and why we should be aware of substance or drug abuse. I liked your video game quite a lot and played it a couple of times. 🙂 I commend you both for highlighting ways in which substance abuse can be prevented and managed.
I think you guys are on the right path, and here's how I think you can even improve your project:
1) What type of people are more likely to abuse drugs and why?
2) Highlight which drugs or substances are harmful, and most likely to be abused. In medicine, drugs are known to cure someone's illness and not all drugs are harmful.
3) Define what the side effects of substance abuse are, socially, and physically.
4) What are treatments for substance abuse?
5) Add a "Help" or "How to Play" controls static in your video game can be a great reminder mid-game.
Thanks for putting this together, great job!
Feedback from the Community:
Thank you for a record-breaking 14th anniversary event! Comments are officially closed until next year.